- The 2023 drill campaign includes 70 holes from 21 separate drill pad locations with four diamond drill rigs for a planned 18,000 meters.
- This drilling/exploration season will focus on new discoveries and further upside potential:
- Expand the footprint of the Surebet Extension to the northeast and southeast.
- Maiden drill program at the Goldswarm Zone discovery 4 km along strike to the north of Surebet Zone having similar mineralization and structures exposed at surface where channel cuts assayed up to 29.70 g/t Au over 0.55 meters, 25.1 gpt Au over 0.40 meters and grabs up to 54.3 g/t Au.
- Drill test Surebet’s extensive porphyry feeder source confirmed by Colorado School of Mines within the newly identified high-grade Golden Gate Feeder Zone where angular float samples assayed up to 924.4 g/t Au (29.7 oz/t Au), 3023 g/t Ag (97.19 oz/t Ag), 0.05% Cu, 12.59% Pb, 4.11% Zn.
- Follow up exploration within the newly discovered mineralized Surebet Corridor for the development of new high-grade 2024 drill targets; currently an area of 8 km x 3.5 km that remains open.
- New high priority targets for follow up in the Surebet Corridor providing additional upside for new discovery potential include:
- Ace In The Hole, 509 ppb Au BLEG sampled (99 percentile), 4 km south on trend with the Surebet Zone.
- Humdinger, 42.92 ppb Au BLEG sampled, 1,800 meters south across valley on trend with the Surebet Extension.
- Sunrise, 42.74 ppb Au BLEG sampled, 2.3 km east of Goldswarm Zone.
- Payday showing, 3 oz/t Au grab sample, 2.2 km west of Goldswarm Zone.
- Jackpot showing, 44.9 g/t Au over 1 meter chip 4.6 km northeast of Goldswarm Zone.
- Anaconda Vein 22.83 g/t AuEq over 2 meter channel with 2.3 km of strike and 600 meters of vertical relief, 15 km west of Surebet Zone.
- Mastodon showing 11 g/t Au grab sample, 7 km west of Surebet Zone.
- Surething – 5160 ppb Ag from BLEG, 4 km north of Goldswarm Zone.
- Newly exposed outcrops at surface seen within the rapidly melting Icefields to the north and on trend of Surebet Zone along 53 km of the Red Line.
- Surebet Highlights from 2021 & 2022:
- 89 of 92 (or 97%) widely spaced diamond drill holes over a 1.6 square kilometer area drilled in 2021 and 2022 intersected broad high-grade intervals of gold-silver mineralization confirming strong gold mineralization and demonstrating the continuity of this newly discovered large gold system that remains open.
- 273 AuEqgm result from drill hole GD-22-58 at South Cliff Stepout Pad contained Visible Gold and intersected 24.80 gpt AuEq (22.03 gpt Au and 127.62 gpt Ag) over 11.00 meters*, including 38.70 gpt AuEq (34.42 gpt Au and 197.45 gpt Ag) over 7.00 meters* and 44.47 gpt AuEq (39.60 gpt Au and 224.10 gpt Ag) over 6.07 meters*.
- 228 AuEqgm result from drill hole GD-21-03 at Cliff Pad intersected 6.37 gpt AuEq (4.46 gpt Au and 122.13 gpt Ag) over 35.72 meters*, including 31.88 gpt AuEq (24.97 gpt Au and 458.1 gpt Ag) over 4.52 meters*.
- 166 AuEqgm result from drill hole GD-22-49 at Pad A contained Visible Gold and intersected 21.30 gpt AuEq (20.46 gpt Au and 40.06 gpt Ag) over 7.77 meters*, including 27.55 gpt AuEq (26.47 gpt Au and 51.551 gpt Ag) over 6.00 meters*.
- 149 AuEqgm result from drill hole GD-22-100 at Pad 13 intersected 13.53 gpt AuEq (12.10 gpt Au and 54.13 gpt Ag) over 11.00 meters*, including 24.56 gpt AuEq (21.98 gpt Au and 97.94 gpt Ag) over 6.00 meters*.
- 139 AuEqgm result from drill hole GD-22-48 at North Rubble Pad intersected 12.61 gpt AuEq (6.98 gpt Au and 441.59 gpt Ag) over 11.00 meters, including 15.37 gpt AuEq (8.42 gpt Au and 537.57 Ag) over 9.00 meters.
- 10 out of 56 drill holes (~20%) from the Surebet Zone horizon intersected greater than 76 AuEqgm, inclusive of 5 drill holes (~10%) intersecting greater than 138 AuEqgm and up to 273 AuEqgm.
- The current Surebet Zone and Bonanza Shear modeled areas are 5,500,000 m3(Avg. 6.88 meters* @ 6.31 g/t AuEq) and >13,000,000 m3(Avg. 5.31 meters* @ 2.7 AuEq) respectively.
- Exceptional metallurgical recoveries of 92.2% Gold from gravity & flotation, inclusive of 48.8% Free Gold from gravity at a 327 micron crush; no deleterious minerals or cyanide required.
- Colorado School of Mines has confirmed an extensive porphyry feeder source at depth for the high-grade gold-silver mineralising fluids at Surebet providing excellent potential for additional upside drill discovery and expansion at depth.
- Based on 2022 positive grass roots exploration and drill results, Goliath significantly increased its land package from 23,859 hectares to 59,089 hectares, and now controls 56 kilometers of key terrain of the Red Line providing for additional upside discovery potential.
Goliath Resources Limited (TSX-V: GOT) (OTCQB: GOTRF) (FSE: B4IF) (the “Company” or “Goliath”)is pleased to report it has mobilized for an aggressive 2023 exploration and drilling campaign and is planning on 18,000 meters of diamond drilling including a maiden drill program on its newly discovered Goldswarm Zone at its 100% controlled Golddigger Project. This project is on tide water in a world class geological setting near Stewart, in the Golden Triangle of British Columbia infrastructure near by. The Homestake Ridge Deposit & Dolly Varden Silver Mine (Dolly Varden Silver Corp.), and the Kinskuch Project (Hecla Mining Company) are in close proximity.
Goliath is planning on drilling 18,000 meters totaling 70 holes from 21 separate drill pads. The campaign will be focused on higher-grade zones and expanding the footprint of the newly discovered Surebet Zone/Bonanza Shear to the east-southeast-northeast. Inclusive of this years campaign, there is a maiden drill program planned at its newly discovered Goldswarm Zone 4 km along strike to the north of Surebet Zone having similar mineralization and structures exposed at surface where channel cuts assayed up to 29.70 g/t Au over 0.55 meters, 25.1 gpt Au over 0.40 meters and grabs up to 54.3 g/t Au providing additional upside potential of a new drill discovery in 2023.
The maiden drill campaign in 2021 at the Golddigger Property and follow up drilling program in 2022 is a total of 31,652 meters to date. Drilling to date has a 97% success hit rate as 86 holes of 92 totaling intercepted significant widths of high-grade gold-silver over a 1.6 square kilometer area at Surebet. This area has 1 km of mineralized strike exposed at surface and 1.1 km of mineralized down-dip extent exposed at surface with 700 meters of vertical relief.
Mr. Roger Rosmus, CEO of Goliath states: “After many months of extensive and detailed planning in the off season, we are very pleased to have mobilized for another aggressive drill campaign this year at our high-grade gold-silver Golddigger Property. The newly discovered Surebet Zone has demonstrated to be a very robust system that is structurally controlled with exceptional continuity and associated with the expansive Bonanza Shear that remains open. We have identified several new strong drill targets focussed on where we believe are higher-grade zones as well as significantly expanding the footprint size of this system that remains open. This years drilling will also include a Maiden Drill program at our newly discovered Goldswarm Zone that is on strike with the Surebet discovery 4 km to the north that could potentially deliver another material drill discovery in 2023. It has similar geology and high-grade mineralized structures exposed at surface we see at Surebet. This years exploration campaign also includes developing new high-grade drill targets for 2024 with a focus on many newly seen outcrops popping up at surface within the icefields located in the northern region of our significantly expanded property area. These could provide for additional upside discovery potential in the years to come. The Golddigger Property is in a geo-political safe mining jurisdiction and key geologic setting where many world-class deposits have been discovered. We look forward to reporting our 2023 exploration and drilling results as they are received, compiled, and interpreted.”
The Golddigger Property is 100% controlled covering an area of 59,089 hectares (146,012 acres) and is in the world class geological setting of the Eskay Rift within the Golden Triangle of British Columbia and within 3 kilometers of the ‘Red Line’ that is host to multiple world class deposits. The Surebet discovery is in an excellent location in close proximity to the communities of Alice Arm and Kitsault situated on tide water with direct barge access to Prince Rupert (190 kilometers via the Observatory inlet/Portland inlet). The town of Kitsault is accessible by road (190 kilometers from Terrace, 300 kilometers from Prince Rupert) and has a barge landing, dock, and infrastructure capable of housing at least 300 people, including high-tension power. Additional infrastructure in the area includes the Dolly Varden Silver Mine Road (only 7 kilometers to the East of the Surebet discovery) with direct road access to Alice Arm barge landing (18 kilometers to the south of the Surebet discovery) and high-tension power (25 kilometers to the East of Surebet discovery). The city of Terrace (population 16,000) provides access to railway, major highways, and airport with supplies (food, fuel, lumber, etc.), while the town of Prince Rupert (population 12,000) is located on the west coast and houses an international container seaport also with direct access to railway and an airport with supplies.
Rein Turna, P. Geo, is the qualified person as defined by National Instrument 43-101, for Goliath Resources Ltd projects, and supervised the preparation of, and has reviewed and approved, the technical information in this release.
Oriented HQ-diameter or NQ-diameter diamond drill core from the drill campaign is placed in core boxes by the drill crew contracted by the Company. Core boxes are transported by helicopter to the staging area, and then transported by truck to the core shack. The core is then re-orientated, meterage blocks are checked, meter marks are labelled, Recovery and RQD measurements taken, and primary bedding and secondary structural features including veins, dykes, cleavage, and shears are noted and measured. The core is then described and transcribed in MX DepositTM. Drill holes were planned using Leapfrog GeoTM and QGISTM software and data from the 2017-2022 exploration campaigns. Drill core containing quartz breccia, stockwork, veining and/or sulphide(s), or notable alteration are sampled in lengths of 0.5 to 1.5 meters. Core samples are cut lengthwise in half, one-half remains in the box and the other half is inserted in a clean plastic bag with a sample tag. Standards, blanks and duplicates were added in the sample stream at a rate of 10%. All samples are transported in rice bags sealed with numbered security tags. A transport company takes them from the core shack to the ALS labs facilities in North Vancouver. ALS is either certified to ISO 9001:2008 or accredited to ISO 17025:2005 in all of its locations. At ALS samples were processed, dried, crushed, and pulverized before analysis using the ME-MS61 and Au-SCR21 methods. For the ME-MS61 method, a prepared sample is digested with perchloric, nitric, hydrofluoric and hydrochloric acids. The residue is topped up with dilute hydrochloric acid and analyzed by inductively coupled plasma atomic emission spectrometry. Overlimits were re-analyzed using the ME-OG62 and Ag-GRA21 methods (gravimetric finish). For Au-SCR21 a large volume of sample is needed (typically 1-3kg). The sample is crushed and screened (usually to -106 micron) to separate coarse gold particles from fine material. After screening, two aliquots of the fine fraction are analysed using the traditional fire assay method. The fine fraction is expected to be reasonably homogenous and well represented by the duplicate analyses. The entire coarse fraction is assayed to determine the contribution of the coarse gold.
The reader is cautioned that grab samples are spot samples which are typically, but not exclusively, constrained to mineralization. Grab samples are selective in nature and collected to determine the presence or absence of mineralization and are not intended to be representative of the material sampled.
About Goliath Resources Limited
Goliath Resources Limited is an explorer of precious metals projects in the prolific Golden Triangle of northwestern British Columbia and Abitibi Greenstone Belt of Quebec. All of its projects are in world class geological settings and geopolitical safe jurisdictions amenable to mining in Canada.
For more information please contact:
*Widths are reported in drill core lengths and the true widths are approximately 80-90% and AuEq metal values are calculated using: Au 1644.08 USD/oz, Ag 19.23 USD/oz, Cu 3.47 USD/lbs, Pb 1870.50 USD/ton and Zn 2882.50 USD/ton on October 28, 2022. There is potential for economic recovery of gold, silver, copper, lead, and zinc from these occurrences based on other mining and exploration projects in the same Golden Triangle Mining Camp where Goliath’s project is located such as the Homestake Ridge Gold Project (Auryn Resources Technical Report, Updated Mineral Resource Estimate and Preliminary Economic Assessment on the Homestake Ridge Gold Project, prepared by Minefill Services Inc. (Bothell, Washington), dated May 29, 2020. Here, AuEq values were calculated using 3-year running averages for metal price, and included provisions for metallurgical recoveries, treatment charges, refining costs, and transportation. Recoveries for Gold were 85.5%, Silver at 74.6%, Copper at 74.6% and Lead at 45.3%. It will be assumed that Zinc can be recovered with the Copper at the same recovery rate of 74.6%. The quoted reference of metallurgical recoveries is not from Goliath’s Golddigger Project, Surebet Zone mineralization, and there is no guarantee that such recoveries will ever be achieved, unless detailed metallurgical work such as in a Feasibility Study can be eventually completed on the Golddigger Project.
Neither the TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange), nor the OTCQB Venture Market accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
Certain statements contained in this press release constitute forward-looking information. These statements relate to future events or future performance. The use of any of the words “could”, “intend”, “expect”, “believe”, “will”, “projected”, “estimated” and similar expressions and statements relating to matters that are not historical facts are intended to identify forward-looking information and are based on Goliath’s current belief or assumptions as to the outcome and timing of such future events. Actual future results may differ materially. In particular, this release contains forward-looking information relating to, among other things, the ability of Company to complete the financings and its ability to build value for its shareholders as it develops its mining properties. Various assumptions or factors are typically applied in drawing conclusions or making the forecasts or projections set out in forward-looking information. Those assumptions and factors are based on information currently available to Goliath. Although such statements are based on management’s reasonable assumptions, there can be no assurance that the proposed transactions will occur, or that if the proposed transactions do occur, will be completed on the terms described above.
The forward-looking information contained in this release is made as of the date hereof and Goliath is not obligated to update or revise any forward-looking information, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, except as required by applicable securities laws. Because of the risks, uncertainties and assumptions contained herein, investors should not place undue reliance on forward-looking information. The foregoing statements expressly qualify any forward-looking information contained herein.
This announcement does not constitute an offer, invitation, or recommendation to subscribe for or purchase any securities and neither this announcement nor anything contained in it shall form the basis of any contract or commitment. In particular, this announcement does not constitute an offer to sell, or a solicitation of an offer to buy, securities in the United States, or in any other jurisdiction in which such an offer would be illegal.
The securities referred to herein have not been and will not be will not be registered under the United States Securities Act of 1933, as amended (the “U.S. Securities Act”), or any state securities laws and may not be offered or sold within the United States or to or for the account or benefit of a U.S. person (as defined in Regulation S under the U.S. Securities Act) unless registered under the U.S. Securities Act and applicable state securities laws or an exemption from such registration is available.
NOT FOR DISSEMINATION IN THE UNITED STATES OR FOR DISTRIBUTION TO U.S. NEWSWIRE SERVICES AND DOES NOT CONSTITUTE AN OFFER OF THE SECURITIES DESCRIBED HEREIN.