Aya Gold drills 795 g/t AgEq over 9 metres at Boumadine, Morocco

Share this article

Aya Gold & Silver Inc. [AYA-TSX; AYASF-OTCQX] reported initial drill results and mineralized intersections from the 2022 drill exploration program at its brownfield 85%-owned Boumadine property in the Kingdom of Morocco. The Moroccan government owns the remaining 15% interest.

Definition of new mineralization and extension of a Central and South Zone. The main mineralized trend, which can now be followed over 2.7 km, is open at both ends along strike and at depth. BOU-DD22-036 intercepted 1,408 g/t silver (Ag) equivalent (AgEq) over 12.0 metres (4.64 g/t Au, 236 g/t Ag, 11.0% Zn, 4.3% Pb and 0.04% Cu) in a wider 32.8m section of 1,030 g/t AgEq

BOU-DD22-021 intercepted 795 g/t AgEq over 9.0 metres (5.37 g/t Au, 67 g/t Ag, 2.9% Zn, 0.9% Pb and 0.3% Cu). BOU-DD22-002 intercepted 620 g/t AgEq over 7.60 metres (3.82 g/t Au, 126 g/t Ag, 1.6% Zn, 0.8% Pb and 0.2% Cu) in a wider 14.3-metre interval of 398 g/t AgEq.

BOU-DD22-032 intercepted 777 g/t AgEq over 2.3 metres (3.81 g/t Au, 158 g/t Ag, 2.5% Zn, 0.1% Pb and 0.9% Cu). BOU-DD22-004 intercepted 392 g/t AgEq over 7.2 metres (1.99 g/t Au, 100 g/t Ag, 1.6% Zn, 0.4% Pb and 0.1% Cu) and 310 g/t AgEq over 11.7 metres (1.08 g/t Au, 41 g/t Ag, 2.7% Zn, 0.4% Pb and 0.1% Cu).

A total of 9,116 metres of drilling was completed as of August 31, 2022, on 6 different sections, for a total of 43 diamond drill holes.

Confirmation of the continuity of the mineralized structure between the Central Zone and the South Zone, extending mineralization to over 2.7 km of strike length, and remaining open in all directions.

Expansion of the 7,500-metre initial drill program to 13,500 metres is based on the promising results to date.

“We are excited with these high-grade drill results at Boumadine, which indicate mineralization over 2.7 km and confirm our belief that Boumadine has tremendous potential,” said Benoit La Salle, President and CEO. “The results to date demonstrate a robust, near-surface, polymetallic system with continuity in multiple lenses that remains open in all directions. In particular, hole BOU-DD22-036 is a very rich intersection on the southernmost section with ample room to extend the strike length. As we expand our drilling program and understanding of the mineralizing system, we grow more confident in the potential to uncover the next big discovery in Morocco.

“Boumadine represents our next leg of growth, together with Zgounder Regional where we are also mobilizing drill rigs and deploying resources to add high-grade ounces. Our focus at Boumadine near term will be on in-fill drilling within the Central and South Zone targets, completing further step-out holes at depth and along the main trend; and assessing the potential to make additional discoveries along this over 6-kilometer mineral-rich hydrothermal system.”

The drilling program has been expanded by 6,000 metres to cover the Imariren, Tizi and South-West Zones and is expected to be completed in November 2022. The airborne geophysics data, which is expected in September 2022, will inform the new targets and the follow-up of extensions of known mineralization.


Share this article

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Don't miss the

NEWSLETTER

Exclusive editorial

Breaking News

Quality Company Coverage

Expert Writers

You have successfully subscribed to the newsletter

There was an error while trying to send your request. Please try again.

Resource World Magazine will use the information you provide on this form to be in touch with you and to provide updates and marketing.