Pretium Resources Inc. [PVG-TSX, 100%-owned Brucejack Project’s Valley of the Kings area located about 65 km north of Stewart, northwest British Columbia. Results continue to confirm the style and grade distribution of the Valley of the Kings gold mineralization in the area currently being tested, which includes the intersection of high grade and visible gold. Reported assays include six intersections grading greater than 1,000 grams per tonne gold. (See Table 1 on company website for more complete assay results.)
Selected drill highlights include:
- Hole VU-633 intersected 428.43 g/t gold uncut over 14.00 metres, including 11,650 g/t gold uncut over 0.50 metres;
- Hole VU-592 intersected 37.87 g/t gold uncut over 28.00 metres, including 1,760 g/t gold uncut over 0.50 metres;
- Hole VU-598 intersected 46.15 g/t gold uncut over 34.00 metres, including 1,660 g/t gold uncut over 0.50 metres;
- Hole VU-622 intersected 77.30 g/t gold uncut over 9.54 metres, including 1,425 g/t gold uncut over 0.50 metres;
- Hole VU-648 intersected 40.46 g/t gold uncut over 17.13 metres, including 1,245 g/t gold uncut over 0.50 metres;
- Hole VU-637 intersected 26.16 g/t gold uncut over 28.85 metres, including 1,410 g/t gold uncut over 0.50 metres.
Holes VU-633 and VU-637 were drilled from the 1260-metre drill bay, hole VU-598 was drilled from the 1270-metre drill bay while holes VU-592, VU-622 and VU-648 were drilled from the 1320-metre drill bay. To date, results from 231 holes (41,188 metres) have been reported.
For a plan and section views of the reported drill fans please see the following link: http://media3.marketwire.com/docs/1049466.pdf.
The 2015/2016 infill drill program is designed to target stope areas in years one through three of the current mine plan for the Valley of the Kings. With the positive results to date, the drill program has been expanded to 64,000 metres of definition drilling. Drilling is in progress with five drills turning and is expected to be completed in the second-quarter of 2016. When completed, roughly 200 vertical metres over a strike length of 250 metres will have been drilled at 7.5 to 10-metre centers. Assay results from drilling will continue to be reported as they are received.
Pretivm is constructing a high-grade underground gold mine at its Brucejack Project with commercial production targeted for 2017.