Advantage Lithium Corp. [AAL-TSXV] and joint venture partner, Nevada Sunrise Gold Corp. , [NEV-TSXV] have released the best lithium brine drilling results to date at the Clayton NE project in the Clayton Valley, Nevada.
This follows successful results from the first two boreholes. Clayton NE borders the Silver Peak Mine, operated by Albemarle Corp., North America’s only producing lithium mine. Hole CNE-16-03, drilled to a total depth of 591.3 metres (1,940 feet), has intersected multiple aquifer formations, including 387.69 metres of brine-producing strata averaging 243.66 milligrams per litre (mg/l) lithium from a depth of 209.23 to 596.92 metres, including a higher-grade interval averaging 299.5 mg/l over 36.92 metres and a peak measurement of 322 mg/l.
- Strongest Results to date: Lithium brines intercepted by third drill hole at Clayton NE, CNE-16-03, showing a peak values of 322 mg/l lithium, within 387.69 metres averaging 243.66 mg/l. These results are the strongest to date at Clayton NE and are comparable to Albemarle’s brine samples from their Silver Peak mining operation immediately adjacent to Clayton NE.
- Potentially Untapped Aquifer: Hole CEN-16-03 is one of the deepest boreholes drilled in the Clayton Valley and, based on results obtained, may have hit a previously untapped aquifer.
- Very Strong brine flows: Brine flows of up to 100 gallons per minute issued from borehole CNE-16-03 between 350.76 to 436.92 metres. Geochemical analysis shows this zone carries significant lithium concentrations. High brine flows are important for economic production.
- 100% drilling success rate and 3.43km mineralized brine trend: All three holes, which are located 3.43km apart, contain significant intervals of mineralized lithium brines.
- More Drilling Planned: Three more holes are already permitted and the Company plans to complete these holes in 2017 to continue building towards a resource in Nevada.
Ross McElroy, Technical Advisor and Director, of Advantage Lithium, said, “This is our strongest hole to date at Clayton NE, with robust grades, strong brine flow and wide intercepts. Even more exciting is the fact that we have drilled one of the deepest boreholes in the Clayton Valley and we may have intercepted an untapped aquifer system. Having hit with all three holes at Clayton NE over the 3.43km mineralized brine trend, we are extremely pleased with the potential of this project, as well as the expertise of our exploration team.”
Drill Hole Technical Details
CNE16-03 was completed to a depth of 591.3 metres (1,940 feet), intersecting the base of the Clayton Valley salar sedimentary basin at 584.62 metres. Drilling has intersected typical Clayton Valley strata consisting of alternating layers of gravel, volcanic ash and clay. A total of 62 grab groundwater samples were collected as brine-bearing formations were encountered. Table 1 presents a compiled summary of the depths of the aquifer systems with brine interval thickness and associated average lithium grades and TDS concentrations. Anomalous lithium results with average concentration of 243.66 mg/l were obtained from brine-bearing formations intersected over a 387.69-metre section (from 209.23 to 596.92 metres) within the Main Ash, Lower Aquifer System, and Lower Gravel Aquifer.
The highest grade results were obtained in the Lower Aquifer System with peaks up to 322 mg/l lithium (332.31 to 338.46 metres), and in the deeper Lower Gravel Aquifer, with peaks up to 316 mg/l (504.62 to 510.77 metres). In addition, drill cuttings were collected for each 1.5 metre interval and have been submitted for analysis. Analytical results for the drill cuttings are pending.
Clayton NE consists of 55 unpatented claims totaling approximately 1,080 acres (437 hectares. The property is subject to an option earn-in agreement where Advantage Lithium can earn up to a 70% interest in the Project after fulfilling CDN$3.0 million in exploration expenditures on a package of five lithium properties optioned from Nevada Sunrise. Nevada Sunrise is the project manager at Clayton NE on behalf of Advantage Lithium, the operator.